Applications are invited for the temporary part-time position of:
CHILD CARE WORKER II
- To plan and provide a Child and Parent program that supports the development of adaptive problem solving and decision making skills, positive self-esteem, independence and trust.
- To ensure a safe environment for the children while in the care of the Creative Play Worker.
- To provide or arrange for first aid in case of emergency.
- To establish and maintain rapport with parents and respond to parent’s inquiries, suggestions and concerns regarding the Child and Parent program.
- To respect the confidentiality of children and their families.
- To follow all policies and procedures of the YWCA.
- To maintain relevant records.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or related social science field would be an asset
- Sound knowledge of child development, preferably of high-needs children.
- Sound knowledge of developmental, mental and physical health issues.
- Experience working with high-needs women and children.
- Knowledge of the current Ontario Child Welfare legislation.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Rate of pay: $19.3132 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 9 hours per week (Thursday, Friday evenings and Saturday afternoon until March 31, 2016; Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings beginning April 1, 2016)
Hours increase to 15 per week during the months of July and August.
Please forward applications in writing by February 9, 2016 indicating how you became aware of this employment opportunity to;
Cathy Middleton, Director, Women’s Services
YWCA Supportive Housing
155 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 4S7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.