Would include but are not limited to:
- Daily set up of activities, and inspection and maintenance/cleaning of toys and equipment
- Receiving the children and checking their health on arrival
- To ensure the health and safety of the children while in your care
- Responsible for supervising daily activities and routines
- Responding sensitively to the cultural heritage and individual experiences of the children
- Maintaining effective communication with parents, staff and coordinator
- The successful candidates will be dedicated, sensitive and safety conscious
- Minimum of one year work experience with children ranging from infancy to senior kindergarten age, or equivalent education
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
WAGE: $16.1259 per hour
HOURS: 27.75 hours per week (approx. 38 weeks per year: program does not operate during March break, July, August, and 3 weeks at Christmas.)
Please respond in writing by October 24, 2017 indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Sandra Schoemaker, Manager
YWCA Care for Newcomer Children
145 Lincoln Rd.
Waterloo, ON N2J 2N8
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.