EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
YWCA Kitchener Waterloo invites you to submit your application
for the temporary part-time position of:
YOUTH WORKER I
(Unionized position – Contract until December 2017)
The Youth Worker I will develop, plan and facilitate activities for GirlSpace, an after school drop-in program for girls 12-16 years, that promotes leadership, teamwork, self-reliance and independence, self-awareness and positive self-esteem.
- Degree or diploma in the area of social work, social justice, women’s studies, child and youth worker, recreation or other relevant field of study.
- Work experience with youth, developing and facilitating youth-led programming.
- Ability to managing group dynamics to ensure effective participation.
- Creativity and skill in researching relevant activities to provide diversity in programming.
- Awareness of issues and community resources relevant to pre-teen and teenage girls.
- Working knowledge of program evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with and liaison with multiple stakeholders, including program participants, parents, community centre staff, guest facilitators, etc.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity and the ability to be able to change tasks or directions with ease, make back up plans, and explore new ways of delivering programming.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete planning and facilitation work independently
- Current first aid and C.P.R. certification.
Rate of Pay: $20.5354 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 18 hours per week - 6 hours in program Monday through Friday. Must be available days and evenings. This position follows the school schedule with breaks in July and August.
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this job posting, by November 28, 2016 to:
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
Fax: 519-576-0129 Email: Jennifer.email@example.com
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.