Posted June 27, 2016
YWCA Childcare Centres
YWCA Emergency Shelter Services
School Age Programs
YWCA Community Resource Centre
YWCA Youth Services
YWCA Care for Newcomer Children
YWCA Supportive Housing
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for the casual position of:
TENANT SUPPORT WORKER
As a member of a multi disciplinary staff team, you will provide assistance to tenants living in YWCA Supportive Housing to support their independent living and maintain their housing.
Provide immediate support to tenants in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program and respond to requests for support and crisis intervention.
Establish positive relationships with tenants and participate in the creation of a stable, secure environment.
- Knowledge of the impact of trauma and abuse and the impact of poverty and homelessness on individuals of all ages, normally obtained through the completion of a 2-year college program in Social Services and 2 years work experience in a residential or supportive housing environment.
- Knowledge in harm reduction philosophies and techniques, as well as crisis and suicide intervention skills
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to think independently, set priorities and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Valid certifications in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and Overdose prevention training.
WAGE: $20.525 per hour effective July 1st, 2016, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
POSITION: Casual (overnight shift) must be available to work a minimum of 4 overnight shifts per month, two of which must be on a weekend.
Please respond in writing by July 3, 2016 to:
Asnake Dabala, Community Support Coordinator
YWCA Support Housing (Lincoln Road)
155 Lincoln Road
Waterloo, ON N2J 4S7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.