Applications are invited for the following temporary, full-time position of:
CHILDCARE WORKER I (unionized position)
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree or diploma (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with infants in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $20.7376 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Starts August 1, 2017
Please respond in writing by June 21, 2017 to:
Elaine Bridgwater, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (Jean Steckle)
130 Woodbine Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2R 1X9
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.