CHILDCARE WORKER I
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree or diploma (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with infants in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: $20.7376 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 31.25 hours per week (11:30 AM to 6 PM)
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this posting by June 11, 2017 to:
Andrea Hardy, RECE
Manager, YWCA Childcare Centre (St. Paul)
45 Birchcliffe Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.