CASUAL CHILDCARE WORKER
- To provide classroom coverage
- To provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff with daily centre routines and in the delivery of stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based programming
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent would be an asset
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $16.6932 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: as needed Monday to Friday
Please respond in writing by January 28, 2015 to indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Michele Kempster, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre
Kitchener City Hall
111 Duke St. W.
Kitchener, ON N2H 6P6
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.