EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Applications are invited for the permanent part-time position of
CHILDCARE WORKER II
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally appropriate program for children and their families
- To take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
All employees of the YWCA are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Pay rate: $19.7132 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 15 hours per week (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
Please respond in writing, indicating how you became aware of this posting by July 17, 2016 to:
Andrea Hardy, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (St. Paul)
45 Birchcliffe Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
The YWCA is an equal opportunity employer.We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations, and are committed to ensuring equal and full participation for all applicants during the recruitment and selection process.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.