The successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Identify appropriate strategies and resources to support the inclusion of children with special needs or behavioural challenges.
- Assist with program implementation and adaptation of activities to meet the needs of all children in the group.
- Work closely with the Director of Child Care Services and the Child Care Supervisors to ensure that front line staff are supported.
- Develop and facilitate appropriate trainings.
- Prevent or resolve problems in a proactive manner.
- Represent YWCA Cambridge in a positive and professional manner.
- Participate in case conferences including meetings with parents, school representatives and other agencies involved, and be able to communicate concerns and strategies.
- Responsible for completing participant profiles for children and maintaining/ensuring proper storage of all files on individual children.
- Prepare accurate reports that outline goals for children and the program, the strategies and supports as required.
- Collaborate with other agencies and partners to support children.
- Your skills will include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of children with special needs or behaviour challenges acquired through the attainment of an undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of two years’ experience supporting children with special needs or behaviour challenges,
- Proven ability to coach and mentor child care staff.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Valid driver’s license (access to a vehicle is required for this position).
- Current standard first aid and CPR certification.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) an asset.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Embody the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principle of a feminist, anti-oppressive, social justice agency.
Kim Decker, Executive Director
55 Dickson Street
DEADLINE: Wednesday January 16, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted