- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree or diploma (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $20.7376 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (January to June 2018)
Please respond in writing by December 7, 2017 to:
Ana Cabral, Manager
YW Childcare Centre (Bridge Street)
8 Bridge Street East
Kitchener, ON N2K 1J2
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.