EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Applications are invited for the position of:
CASUAL CHILDCARE WORKER(Unionized)
- To provide classroom coverage
- To provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff with daily Centre routines
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent would be an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $18.576 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: As needed, Monday to Friday
Please respond in writing by November 25, 2018, indicating how you became aware of this job opportunity to:
Elaine Bridgwater, Manager
YW Childcare Centre (Jean Steckle)
130 Woodbine Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2R 1X9
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.