(EXTERNAL JOB POSTING)
YW Kitchener Waterloo is inviting
Applications for the following temporary part-time position of:
CHILDCARE WORKER II(Unionized position)
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- To plan and implement a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
- To work as part of a team of Childcare Workers and monitor the quality of the program
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree or diploma (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $20.819 per hour with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits.
Hours: 7:15 am to 9:00 am Monday to Friday
Duration: Until July 2019 (approximately)
Please respond in writing by March 10, 2019 to:
Andrea Hardy, RECE
Manager, St. Paul YW Childcare Centre
45 Birchcliffe Avenue
Kitchener, ON N2M 4V7
YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.