invites applications for Temporary Part-Time
YOUTH SUPPORT EDUCATOR - ENHANCED
· To take an active role working in a program with children with complex needs
- To implement engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for 4 - 12 year olds which allow for choice, creativity, and independence
- To follow daily schedules and take responsibility for clean up and organization of supplies
· To work as part of a team of Youth Development Workers
- Maintaining effective communication with staff, parents, facility staff and manager
- Registered Early Childhood Educator or related degree such as Recreation and Leisure, Child and Youth Worker (subject to approval by the Ministry of Education)
- Experience working with complex needs children
- Minimum one year experience with School Age children, preferably in a childcare, education or recreation setting
- Understanding of the Child Care and Early Years Act and familiarity with the use of assessment tools such as ECERS, ITERS, SACERS, High Five
· Proven ability to work as an effective team member
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Standard Food Safety Handler’s Certificate
YW employees are expected to demonstrate respect, empathy, and accountability to the people who access our services, and to attend work regularly as regular attendance is critical to maintaining the highest quality and level of service expected in delivering services.
Rate of pay: $21.699 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: Hours vary based on schedule needs
Please respond in writing by September 22, 2021 to:
Children’s Services Assistant Coordinator
YW School Age Programs
153 Frederick Street
Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.