LOCATION: Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge YMCA’s
HOURS: Fixed term until September 2016, Part time
START DATE: June 2016
FUNCTION: To provide children under the age of fourteen years the opportunity to develop social and cognitive skills through value based programming.
- Greet children and parents and communicate in a professional manner
- Assist with the set up for the daily activities
- Share in the planning, development and implementation of programs, activities and off site excursions
- Assist with the supervision of all campers and guide and redirect children away from conflict
- Ensure that all daily procedures and camp policies are adhered to
- Maintain confidentiality of parents, children and staff
- Ensure children are signed in/out of the day camp program
- Plan and deliver programs for day camp participants following YMCA objectives
- Demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
- Thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
- Work as a member of a team
- Model commitment to service excellence and quality
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have previous experience with program planning and utilizing resources
- Standard First Aid and CPR
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Team Work: Possesses the ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
Self-Management: Demonstrates the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
Diversity: Appreciates that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 25-2016, and specify preferred location to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, March 4, 2016, 12:00 pm
The YMCA’s of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCA’s commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca . Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.