6:45 a.m.-9:00 a.m. and/or 2:30-6:00 p.m.
Location:Guelph/Rockwood – actual location to be determined.
Schedule: Part Time
Compensation: $15.70 - $17.70/hr.
Submit Resume & Cover Letter To: Human Resources
Please reference position in subject line.
Works within the purpose, scope and philosophy of the YMCA-YWCA of Guelph, ensures the delivery of high quality child care to families.
- Provides quality, age and developmentally appropriate care that meets and/or exceeds the regulations outlined by the Child Care and Early Years Act (2014), the Municipality, the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit and the policies, procedures and protocols outlined by the YMCA-YWCA of Guelph.
- Maintains effective communication and positive rapport with the YMCA-YWCA as an organization, children, parents and community contacts.
- Ensures quality programs and services are delivered, programs and procedures are implemented.
- Ensures that all requirements of the Playing to Learn curriculum are completed based on requirements as outlined in the Play In Action assessment tool.
- Attends regular staff and job related meetings
- Supervises children through daily routines and transitions
- Completes Ages and Stages Questionnaire’s at minimum three times per year
- Completes recordings in children’s journal each day
- Facilitates program changes as necessary
- Follows all guidelines and policies
- Conducts and records fire/tornado drills
- Recording in the daily journal and signing off
- Any other responsibilities/duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a child care setting
- Familiar with Child Care and Early Years Act (2014)
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C certificate
- Current, Clear, Vulnerable Sector Police Criminal Check
- Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Vehicle considered an asset
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the Y.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Y.
Concern for Health and Safety
Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Through appearance, manner, punctuality, and attitude demonstrates a commitment to doing the best job possible
Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s Y experience.
Actively builds team and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
The YMCA – YWCA of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.