Applications are invited for the temporary full-time position of
CHILDCARE WORKER II
(unionized position – until December, 2017)
DUTIES: (would include but not be limited to)
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally appropriate program for children and their families
- To take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To maintain effective communication with staff, parents and coordinator
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education would be an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with infants in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
Pay rate: $19.9191 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 31.25 hours per week (11:30 AM to 6 PM)
Please respond in writing by June 8, 2017 to:
Elaine Bridgwater, Manager
YWCA Childcare Centre (Jean Steckle)
130 Woodbine Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2R 1X9
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.