The Waterloo Region District School Board is currently seeking applications for ‘Supply Designated Early Childhood Educators’.
Applications will be accepted from current Early Childhood Educator students scheduled to graduate prior to June 2017 and applicants currently registered with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators. NOTE that conditional offers will be made to successful applicants until such time as registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators is confirmed.
The Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning kindergarten program within a classroom setting. The DECE will also provide supervision and age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the extended day program as required. The DECE will report to the Principal of the school.
Successful candidates for the supply positions will be working on an “on call” basis from September to June.
- Hold a two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma preferably with experience in a childcare or educational setting
- Provide proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Hold Standard First Aid with CPR Level C/AED
Applications and supporting documentation stating qualifications and experience, including a copy of your
Certificate of Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (for applicants currently registered) and proof of Standard First Aid with CPR Level C/AED must be included in your portfolio.
Selected candidates must be available to attend the interview. Interviews will occur in May 2017. There will be no phone or skype interviews.
Only those with the required qualifications will receive consideration for an interview. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources staff will only respond to inquiries from applicants selected for an
interview. No phone calls please.
Please do not apply to this posting if you do not hold the appropriate qualifications.
The Successful Candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check including the Vulnerable Sector, which must be received in Human Resources prior to the commencement of employment. Please note, the Board does not assume any costs associated with the Criminal Reference Check.
A condition of employment requires that you pass the Board's physical testing component. Additional information will
be provided during the interview.
This posting will close April 28, 2017 at 4:00pm.
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to hiring people who will assist us in implementing our strategic plan that consist of the following three strategic and operational priorities:
• Our students are first – each and every one;
• Our staff, families and caregivers are partners in every student’s learning journey; and
• Our culture of innovation builds students’ confidence and success as they face the future.
Operational Priorities for 2016-2017
• Graduation Rates
• Student and Staff Wellness
Our strategic priorities and operational goals are accompanied by a series of commitments to which our organization is dedicated.
We, as individuals who serve public education in Waterloo Region, are committed to:
• Service by embracing an attitude of care and support. We seek to understand and meet the needs of those we serve.
• Integrity by matching our actions to our words. We conduct ourselves in an open and transparent manner that inspires trust.
• Respect by honouring all stakeholders. We create an environment where people feel included, valued and treated with dignity.
• Innovation in a culture where new ideas are welcomed and considered. We build our capacity to think critically and problem-solve creatively.
• Collaboration through reaching out and listening to our stakeholders. We build collaborative relationships to achieve common goals and resolve differences.
Our commitments provide us with a value-based framework that will guide the work of providing Waterloo Region with a first class public education system.
The Board is committed to equity for all students and staff, and to delivering the highest quality education through a qualified workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations in the hiring process to support applicants with disabilities.