We are currently looking for a Full Time Registered Early Childhood Educator. The position will work 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Major Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with children, parents/guardians and coworkers
- Communicate effectively and professionally with children, parents and coworkers
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate programming.
- Review and abide by all policies and procedures as set out in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Collaborate with colleagues and Administration in assessing the developmental progress of children in the program.
- Maintain a high skill level in behaviour management techniques
- Follow fire drill procedures, all sanitary practices and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Attend and contribute to the monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development.
- Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current standard first aid/CPR certification, or be willing to obtain
- Demonstrate understanding of the CCEYA and the pedagogy of “How does learning happen?”
- Demonstrate ability to quickly form positive relationships with children
- Able to openly and respectfully communicate with parents/families and team members on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development
- Adapt quickly to a changing environment
* Current Vulnerable Sector Check (or willingness to obtain)
Please submit resume to email@example.com by April 30, 2018