Waterloo Co-Operative Preschool is a non-profit co-operative preschool run for the children, by the teachers and parents. We require an ECE who has experience working with children aged 18 months to 5 years to be the assistant teacher in a part time role at our school. Our ideal candidate will be caring, enthusiastic, energetic and compassionate and will possess a true love of working with young children and their families. The applicant must possess an ECE diploma with the intent to register with the College of ECE.
Programming at Waterloo Co-Operative Preschool runs from September to June, with breaks in December and March.
Hours of the Assistant RECE are dependent on the enrollment in each class. The average number of hours is between 15-20 hours per week and, depending on the time of year, could increase to as many as 31 hours per week. This position requires an individual who is a great team player and is flexible based on the needs of the school/ Lead Teacher.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Acts as the Assistant Teacher for all classes whose ratios call for a second RECE (or at the request of the Lead Teacher and/or Board of Directors)
· Maintains professional development to meet licensing requirements (including registration with the College of the ECE and First Aid)
· Provides training for participating parents on in-class roles & duties throughout the year
· Ensures open communication with parents, and reports all concerns to Lead Teacher and/or Board of Directors
· Chairs the Snack Committee
· Attends meetings, events and open houses as required
· Assists in the planning and implementation of programs and themes, rotates toys, ensures upkeep of the classroom, bulletin boards, playground and all areas of the Preschool
· Comfortable and confident acting in a leadership role with the children, volunteers and participating parents
· Ensures the safety and security of children, staff, volunteers and visitors at all times. Suggests and implements improvements on current practices and procedures in order to improve the overall safety and functionality of the Preschool
· Performs other duties as requested by the Lead Teacher or the Board of Directors
Wage: Paid bi-weekly minimum of $16.00/hour plus wage subsidy, based on experience.
Position commences: September 2014
Please submit resume and cover letter by Friday, September 5th, 2014 to the Board of Directors at email@example.com.