The University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre (CCLC) is now accepting applications from qualified individuals for our Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) Supply List. This position is on an as-needed basis and for short-term, temporary positions. Employees on our Supply List can also apply for long-term contracts and permanent positions as they become available.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Supply RECE will be part of a team of early learning and care professionals. In this role, the Supply RECE will partner with the children, families and other playroom teacher(s) to plan and implement an inclusive, child-centred program based on children’s natural curiosities and interests. Through collaboration and teamwork, successful candidates will help to create a caring and engaging learning environment that invites exploration, play and inquiry. The Supply RECE will also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with community professionals working with children in our programs.
- Current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check dated within the last 6 months
- Current Td and MMR immunizations as required by the WDGPH Unit
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience working within a licensed child care setting
- Knowledge of and experience in early learning and care programs
- Positive recommendation from current Supervisor
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- A personal teaching philosophy that connects to the CCLC’s Program Statement, emergent curriculum, and nature-based learning, and is consistent with the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, families, staff and the general public
- Basic computer and technological skills
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please send a personalized cover letter and resume to Valerie Trew, Director of the Child Care and Learning Centre, email@example.com.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.