Morningside Montessori School 450 King St East, Cambridge ON N3H 3M9
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, implement and support a consistent child-centred program in accordance with the Montessori philosophy. Guide, model and support a calm positive environment for the children.
• Provide safe and nurturing guidance for children throughout classroom work periods, outdoor, transitions, lunch, diapering/toileting, arrival and dismissal with focus on development of independence. • Engage actively with the children to support enriched learning experiences.
• Complete required documentation and observations of children’s development and interactions.
• Attend required training and professional development necessary for the position. Maintain qualifications and certifications as required. Be an active, positive participant and attend in school functions, conferences, family events, staff meetings as needed.
• Open, professional, collaborative, positive communication between co-workers and caregivers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
• Applicants must hold a MACTE/AMI accredited Diploma in Toddler Montessori Education and/or hold an Early Childhood Education Diploma and be a current member in good standing with C.E.C.E. with at least 3 years experience teaching.
• Candidates must be caring, self-motivated, patient, enthusiastic, and organized, and must have the ability to work within our school community.
• Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and families
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate passion with the children.
• Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work as early as 7:15am and as late as 5:45pm daily and at times weekends or early evenings for afterschool events or meetings etc.
• A capacity to work within a team and participate actively in supporting the school, children, families and co workers
• Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• A current Vulnerable Sector Check, current Standard First Aid CPR Level C AED and current immunizations
• Professional, reliable, flexible individual that supports a team environment.
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to each applicant for your interest in Morningside Montessori. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.