CHILD CARE TEACHER
HOURS: Part Time (before and after school hours)
START DATE: Immediately
FUNCTION: To create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Child Care and Early Learning Act and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Be responsible for communicating with parents
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Work with team members to ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Be responsible for written communication consisting of attendance and accident reports, daily communication book recording messages, and the maintenance of information sheets on each child
- Administer medication as per requirements
- Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent-teacher interviews as required
- Provide positive child guidance
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Available Before and After School hours
- Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. Internal candidates must provide a letter of intent and resume, outlining the qualifications they possess that would make them suitable for the position.
When applying, please quote posting number JP 32-2016, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, March 24, 2016, Noon