Child Minding Attendant
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo (Stork)
HOURS: Part time, evenings & weekends as required
START DATE: June 2016
FUNCTION: The incumbent is responsible for providing children with quality care.
- Create a warm, caring and safe environment.
- Care for children by engaging children in play and offering age-appropriate activities (Prepare and set-up craft and other art program(s) for children).
- Comfort children and take care of their immediate needs (feeding, diaper change, crying, sleep etc.)
- Responsible for communicating with parents as required.
- Responsible for recording occurrences in daybook.
- Take care of general administrative duties – open/close playroom, sign-in/sign-out process, payment, statistics etc.
- Ensure all necessary health and safety procedures are adhered to (preventative check, fire safety, emergency and accident procedures, cleaning practices etc.)
- Communicate all concern/complaints to supervisor.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Related experience an asset less than one month
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern For Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results
Initiative: Knows when to do the right thing.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
Tolerance For Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required, Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as, a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 42-2016, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday. April 20, 2016, 3:00 pm