Facilitator, Youth Job Connection
LOCATION(s): Kitchener-Waterloo YMCA
HOURS: Fixed term contract until March 31/17
START DATE: As soon as possible
(full time hours, evenings and weekends as required)
FUNCTION: To facilitate group and individual pre-employment programming of a minimum of 60 hours to youth in transition to work who often have multiple barriers to employment. Programming will focus on life skills, career decision-making, employability skills development/enhancement, job search and job maintenance.
- Develop and deliver pre-employment curriculum content to actively engage youth and meet the program objectives of developing career, employability and personal management skills
- Utilize a variety of teaching techniques that appeal to diverse learning styles, experience and education levels.
- Ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of curriculum and method/format of delivery.
- Build trust and establish rapport with participants and respond to individual learning needs and strengths
- Document participants’ progress through the pre-employment curriculum and identify any necessary supports or training /certification required for successful placement.
- Provide clear rationales to support Employment Specialists and Job Developers in determining access to appropriate job placements, individual supports and job retention services.
- Assist the team in meeting the program’s service quality standards as set out by the funder.
- 2 – 3 years related experience
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field
- Career Development Practitioner and/or Life Skills Coach training
- Continuing education in teaching/instructing/group facilitation
- Intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and Access
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required
- Acceptable Police Check for Vulnerable Sector
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 87-2016 to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 4, 2016, 3:00 pm