EMPLOYED BY: The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo
SERVICE AREA: YMCA Camping
POSITION: YMCA Camping, Afterschool Antics Program Instructor
REPORTS TO: Director, Outdoor Centre
HOURS: Part Time (evenings and weekends as required)
SALARY: $13.27 per hour
START DATE: September 2016
FUNCTION: Nurture and stimulate young children to want to learn and be an active participants in their environment, to build the children’s self-esteem, confidence & socialization from an early age.
- Create a stimulating, fun environment and provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Be responsible for communicating with parents as required to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Ensure that a diversified program is developed with routines established that supports and nurture the development of the child and provides support to the parents
- Set up classrooms for children with the various age appropriate games and activities resulting in an environment that will be welcoming
- Prepare and set up crafts and other art programs for children
- Ensure that safety prevention procedures are adhered to at all times (including fire, incident and accident forms)
- Collect monthly fees and ensure that accurate records are kept of all payments
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- High School
- 1- 3 months of related experience an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of High Five or CATCH program an asset
- Acceptable Police Check
Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting the personal growth and development of children and youth.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner to support information sharing.
Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired results.
Initiative: Knows when to do the right thing.
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to build enthusiasm and appreciation to achieve work related goals.
Tolerance for Ambiguity: Functions effectively in situations of less than perfect or incomplete information.
In addition to the above competencies the Association Core Competencies are required; Commitment to Organization Vision and Values, Diversity, Integrity, Teamwork.
Note: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
YMCA Administration Offices,
460 Frederick Street, Suite 203, Kitchener ON N2H 2P5
Fax to: 519-576-6223
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:00pm
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo complies with the Employment Standards Act,
Pay Equity Legislation and the Human Rights Code. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible
information handling practices, in keeping with privacy laws. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy,
please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.