CHILD CARE TEACHER
(School Age Youth Program)
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge
HOURS: Part Time (before and after school hours)
START DATE: September 2016
FUNCTION: To create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children, before and after school, to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Be responsible for communicating with parents
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Work with team members to ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Be responsible for written communication consisting of attendance and accident reports, daily communication book recording messages, and the maintenance of information sheets on each child
- Administer medication as per requirements
- Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent-teacher interviews as required
- Provide positive child guidance
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent (Recreation and Leisure Degree, Child and Youth Worker, OCT qualified Teachers)
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- Previous experience in a licensed child care and/or working with children 4 – 12
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be Available Before and After School hours
- Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. Internal candidates must provide a letter of intent and resume, outlining the qualifications they possess that would make them suitable for the position.
When applying, please quote posting number JP 112-2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 24, 2016, Noon