CHILD CARE TEACHER - Supply
LOCATION: Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge
HOURS: Supply variable hours
START DATE: Immediate
FUNCTION: To provide classroom coverage at a YMCA Child Care Centre site, on an as needed basis, and to provide support and assistance to teachers on the daily routines of the centres. Responsible for the tasks of the teacher they are covering for. Adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act and YMCA Policies and Practices.
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Implement program plans - providing materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals.
- Responsible for communicating with parents as required
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Work with team members to ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Provide positive child guidance
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and staff meetings as required
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- 1-3 months related experience
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
When applying, please quote posting number JP 146-2016, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, November 25, 2016, Noon
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.