HOURS: Fixed term Contract (March 1/16 – June 30/16)
START DATE: March 1, 2016
Full time hours
FUNCTION: To create a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, while supporting families. Adhere to the Child Care and Early Learning Act and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals
- Be responsible for communicating with parents
- Complete program plans as per curriculum requirements
- Work with team members to ensure that a diversified program is developed with established routines that supports and nurtures the development of the child
- Set-up classroom for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities
- Be responsible for written communication consisting of attendance and accident reports, daily communication book recording messages, and the maintenance of information sheets on each child
- Administer medication as per requirements
- Prepare developmental profiles and conduct parent-teacher interviews as required
- Provide positive child guidance
- Completion of Community College ECE diploma or equivalent
- CECE Membership required for qualified ECE candidates
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Available Before and After School hours
- Proven computer knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
Initiative: Do the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Problem Solving: Identify an issue, gather and process relevant information coming up with possible solutions, select appropriate responses and implement them.
NOTE: This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and core values, as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in children and adults.
Applications are accepted electronically only. When applying, please quote posting number JP 16-2016, to:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 3:00 pm