Are you a passionate professional who has experience working with children? Are you driven to cultivate authentic relationships and connections with children and families to create the foundation for optimal learning, health and well being?
If this is you, join our team and make a difference in the life of a child!
The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo is one of the community’s largest non-profit organizations. For almost 30 years, YMCA Child Care has been a leader in delivering quality licensed Child Care in our community. We believe connected communities are thriving, healthy, and strong. We have the assets to affect positive social change and we know that Child Care is a foundation of our work. That’s where you come in.
What you will bring
- Ideally, you will have completed an Early Childhood Education diploma program and be registered with College of Early Childhood Educators. Other credentials may also be considered (i.e. Recreation & Leisure, Child & Youth Worker, Ontario College of Teachers, or Social Services Worker).
- You will have the ability to plan and implement a child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculums Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect. You will participate in and apply knowledge from research to children’s learning all while developing strong relationships with families and peers.
- You will have well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with children, families, educators, and community partners.
- You will have knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act (2014), the Early Learning for Every Child Today document, and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years.
- You will have up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification, successful completion of Vulnerable Police Records Check within the last 3 months, and up-to-date immunizations.
- What you will gain…
- You will join a dynamic team and an organization that has massive impact across our community.
- The YMCA has an excellent pension plan available to all employees and a comprehensive benefit plan for full time employees.
- All employees receive a free YMCA membership upon hire and have access to many opportunities for growth within the Association.
- We provide several continuous professional learning opportunities at no cost to you.
- RECE minimum rate of pay is $20.25 per hour (plus government wage enhancement where eligible)
- Non-RECE minimum rate of pay is $18.65 per hour (plus government wage enhancement where eligible)
- If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com RECEs must include their College of ECE registry number on their resume.On your application, please indicate your location preference (KW or Cambridge, or either)
- The YMCAs of Cambridge & Kitchener-Waterloo embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace, welcoming applications from all qualified persons. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation need known to the YMCA. The YMCAs comply with the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Legislation and privacy laws. In keeping with privacy laws, we are committed to protecting personal information by following responsible information handling practices. For more information on the YMCAs commitment to privacy, please visit our web site at www.ymcacambridgekw.ca. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.