Start rate: $19.38 per hour + 4% vacation pay
The Board requires supply Designated Early Childhood Educators (DECEs) for elementary schools to work in Guelph, Elora, Fergus, Erin, Arthur, Mount Forest and Rockwood.
Under the direction of the Principal, the supply Early Childhood Educator (ECE) will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full-day early learning program within a classroom setting which will enhance the children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development. The ECE will provide supervision and age appropriate (learning) programming for groups of students as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Successful completion of a two year post-secondary Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months’ experience working with 3-5 year old children within a registered childcare setting, early
- Proof of valid registration with the OCECE (Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators)
- Knowledge on the Ministry of Education full day early learning program
- Experience with age appropriate programs
- Knowledgeable of the early acquisition of literacy and numerical skills
- Understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to follow organizational policies and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of classroom management
- Proficient in interpersonal interaction in a sensitive, courteous and respectful manner with children, parents,
- Basic computer and technological skills
Hours worked are to a maximum of 6.5 hours per day scheduled anytime between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and
Qualified applicants are invited to respond by Friday, September 29, 2017. For your application to be considered, you must complete the Employment Application form found at www.wellingtoncdsb.ca/BoardOffice/JobOpportunities
and submit a detailed cover letter and resume, including supporting educational documents (including current Designated ECE Certification of Qualification), a photocopy of your current Roman Catholic baptismal certificate or your Roman Catholic Sacrament of Confirmation certificate and three (3) professional work related references, quoting the job posting number to: Human Resources Officer Wellington Catholic District School Board E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful external candidates will be required to provide a current original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to commencement of employment. Please note that the CRC must be dated within 6 months of the date of acceptance of employment. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for the employee recruitment and selection purposes. The Board does have policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you require further information regarding this policy, please contact the Board Office.