is accepting applications for the full-time, permanent position of
RECE (4 Positions)
Maawdoo Maajaamin Child Care (70 Parkview Rd, Hagersville, ON)
*Posting will remain open until all positions are filled
To supervise the children in the assigned classroom in accordance with the philosophy of the Centre and provincial and federal legislation and guidelines by:
Ensuring the safety and physical well-being of the children, carrying out curriculum on a daily basis and evaluation of the effectiveness of the program in terms of meeting the needs of the children in all stages of development, maintaining regular communication with parents and contributing to the effective operation of the overall child care program while promoting and implementing practices of Anishnabek heritage.
The Registered Early Childhood Educator will adhere to the College of Early Childhood Educators Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as well as the requirements of the Child Care Early Years Act.
- Must hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education from an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology, OR
- A diploma from a recognized post-secondary program recognized by the College of Early Childhood Educators, OR
- A letter of recognition of equivalency issued by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO)
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- A good working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen?
- Ability to write/record in a comprehensive and concise manner;
- Excellence in interpersonal skills – oral and written;
- Participate in training and upgrading;
- Must have an ability to work with a variety of other professionals in the field, team members and families on an ongoing basis;
- Must have a warm, supportive attitude toward children;
- Must be reliable;
- Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to innovations in the program;
- Must be willing to accept supervision and constructive criticism to enhance work performance;
- Must be willing to work in conditions involving exposure to: bodily fluids, infectious diseases, frequent high noise levels and occasional inclement weather;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a current (within 6 months) satisfactory result from a Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Must provide up-to-date immunization records, or a letter stating exemption on grounds of religion, conscience or medical recommendation.
- Must provide a current Health Assessment signed by a medical doctor (form provided by the Employer).
- Must obtain a Safe Food Handlers Certificate.
- Current Standard First Aid and Infant Child CPR Certificate Level C, from a WSIB recognized organization.
- Designation of Certification by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO)
- Member of the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Class “G” license
- WHMIS with GHS training (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
- Knowledge of Ojibwe culture
- Previous experience with children of the same age and development levels as the children in the Centre
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Road
Applications will also be accepted by fax at 905-768-1225 or via email at the address listed below.
A detailed job description is available at the Administration Building or by email at Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Miigwech to all who apply, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.