Reporting to the Supervisor, the Supply RECE will be part of a team of early learning and care professionals. In this role, the Supply RECE will partner with the children, families and other playroom teacher(s) to plan and implement an inclusive, child-centred program based on children’s natural curiosities and interests. Through collaboration and teamwork, successful candidates will help to create a caring and engaging learning environment that invites exploration, play and inquiry. The Supply RECE will also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with community professionals working with children in our programs.
- Current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check dated within the last 6 months
- Current Td and MMR immunizations as required by the WDGPH Unit
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience working within a licensed child care setting
- Knowledge of and experience in early learning and care programs
- Positive recommendation from current Supervisor
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
- A personal teaching philosophy that connects to the CCLC’s Program Statement, emergent curriculum, and nature-based learning, and is consistent with the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, families, staff and the general public
- Basic computer and technological skills
If you feel that you would be a good fit for this position, please send a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, March 3rd, 2017.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.