REGISTERED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR DUTIES:
- To provide classroom coverage for either toddler or preschool age groupings
- To provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time staff with daily classroom routines and in the delivery of maintaining a safe, enriched, stimulating, developmentally appropriate environment.
- Assist with daily transitions, of outdoor time, toileting, diapering, snack, rest, lunch, arrival /dismissal before care and after care programs.
- Assist with light cleaning and sanitizing.
- To provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families
- To ensure the health and safety of the children
- To act as a positive role model for the children
- To respect, have knowledge and the ability to support the Montessori Philosophy
- Understands and complies with provincial, municipal and Morningside Montessori School Policies and Procedures
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent would be an asset
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Calm, patient, caring and nurturing individual, who enjoys working with children.