Applications will only be accepted from applicants currently registered with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators and current Early Childhood Education students scheduled to graduate prior to August 2022. NOTE that conditional offers will be made to successful applicants until such time as registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators in Good Standing is confirmed. Prior to registration, successful candidates may be deployed on an emergency basis.
The Designated Early Childhood Educator (DECE) will partner with the classroom teacher to plan and implement a full day early learning kindergarten program within a classroom setting. The DECE will also provide supervision and age appropriate learning for groups of students as part of the extended day program as required. The DECE will report to the Principal of the school.
Successful candidates for the supply positions will be working on an “on call” basis from September to June.
- Hold a two year community college Early Childhood Education Diploma preferably with experience in a childcare of educational setting (or in the final year of the program)
- Provide proof of registration with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators (or in process)
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR Level C/AED
Applications and supporting documentation stating qualifications and experience, including a copy of your Certificate of Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (if applicable) and proof of Standard First Aid with CPR Level C/AED must be included in your portfolio.
Please do not apply to this posting if you do not hold the appropriate qualifications.
The Successful Candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check including the Vulnerable Sector, which must be received in Human Resources prior to the commencement of employment. Please note, the Board does not assume any costs associated with the Criminal Reference Check.
Social Insurance Number (SIN), date of birth, and proof of educational qualifications will be required at the time of an offer of employment.
A condition of employment requires that you pass the Board's physical testing component. Additional information will be provided during the interview.
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to hiring people who will assist us in implementing our strategic plan that consist of the following three strategic and operational priorities:
- Our students are first – each and every one;
- Our staff, families and caregivers are partners in every student’s learning journey; and
- Our culture of innovation builds students’ confidence and success as they face the future.
- Graduation Rates
- Student and Staff Wellness
Our strategic priorities and operational goals are accompanied by a series of commitments to which our organization is dedicated. We, as individuals who serve public education in Waterloo Region, are committed to:
- Service by embracing an attitude of care and support. We seek to understand and meet the needs of those we serve.
- Integrity by matching our actions to our words. We conduct ourselves in an open and transparent manner that inspires trust.
- Respect by honouring all stakeholders. We create an environment where people feel included, valued and treated with dignity.
- Innovation in a culture where new ideas are welcomed and considered. We build our capacity to think critically and problem-solve creatively.
- Collaboration through reaching out and listening to our stakeholders. We build collaborative relationships to achieve common goals and resolve differences.
To Apply: Click Here
Recognizing the significant impact that COVID-19 is having on our world and our ways of doing business, the Board recognizes that the recruitment/selection process may need to be modified to ensure individual and community safety. The Board may be engaging in a different method of interviewing candidates for vacancies. This may include but is not limited to a Google Hangout videoconference interview. Hiring Teams will provide further information to candidates upon request for an interview.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources staff will only respond to inquiries from applicants selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
In order to ensure equitable representation in the hiring process, your responses to the Self-Identification job posting question would be of assistance. Your participation in responding to these questions is voluntary and is not required for the completion of this application. If you do not wish to provide this information, simply select the "Prefer not to answer" option.
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to fair and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the diversity of the community we serve, who will foster the success and well-being of our students and who demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom.
We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples; members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We will make any appropriate accommodation based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidate participation in the hiring process.