The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Ensuring the rules and regulations of the childcare are followed
- Delivery of program and snacks
- Communicating regularly with staff and supervisor
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or experience working in a childcare setting
- Standard CPR/First Aid
- Committed to providing quality inclusive childcare programming
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods; and must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting)
- Good Standing with the College of ECE’s
- Excellent Communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in all program areas (e.g. infants, toddlers)
- $21.87 (certified) or $16.78 (uncertified) per hour, plus Vacation Pay
Hours of Work:
- Casual on call as needed (St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education Campuses only)
- Program Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 3:30 pm (September to June)
NOTE : We hire from the supply list for long term temporary assignments and permanent assignments
(staff may be eligible for benefits with long term assignments)
Please note this is not a DECE position
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Qualified Applicants are required to apply directly through Apply to Education at: https://wcdsb.simplication.com
Further information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until: April 27, 2022 at 9 am
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups. Please be aware that applicants to St Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education are not required to be Catholic.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.