The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the rules and regulations of the childcare are followed
- Delivery of program and snacks
- Communicating regularly with staff and supervisor
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) or experience working in a childcare setting
- Standard CPR/First Aid
- Committed to providing quality inclusive childcare programming
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods; and must be able to physically assist children as required (e.g. lifting)
- Good Standing with the College of ECE’s
- Excellent Communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in all program areas (e.g. infants, toddlers)
- $19.87 (certified) or $14.78 (uncertified) per hour, plus Vacation Pay
Hours of Work:
- Casual on call as needed (St. Louis Adult Learning & Continuing Education Campuses only)
- Possibility of long term temporary assignments
- Please note this is not a DECE position
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Please see the Application Process below.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until September 27, 2021 at 9:00 am