Agriventure Camp Supervisor & Executive Director
The Agriventure Program Educator is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing programs and experiences for children in both large and small group settings. The Educator is responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The incumbent will provide high quality educational and recreational experiences for participants that embody our core values of honesty, respect and community.
Duties and responsibilities
Prior to Camp
- Participate actively in orientation and training
- Assist in whole camp planning as well as assist in writing lessons for their area of responsibility (There are 4 areas of focus: Cooking, Environment/Gardening, Animals, Heritage)
- Ensure that resources needed for your activities are ordered or arranged
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp programs.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas.
- Take turns being responsible for “opening or closing” camp
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Responsibility for campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues with assistance from Supervisor
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter on a daily and weekly basis
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Supervisor.
- Present a “Role Model” type behaviour at all times
- Assist to guide Junior Counselors to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with young children
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year, and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year (proof of student status will be required)
- Completion of a minimum of 1 yr of post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Child Development or Concurrent Education, Environmental Studies, or related program.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, team building initiatives, physical games, and activities.
- Able to work in an outdoor environment
- $15 hourly
- Monday to Friday, between 8am & 5:30pm
- June 18 to August 24 (with option to work 30hrs/ week May and June)
Please send an email directly to Krista Cressman, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email is the cover letter. Within this email I would like you to: - Outline WHY you would like to work with us - WHAT your skills are that relate to our organization - HOW you feel working with us would benefit your bigger picture goal for yourself - WHAT you would like to know more about.....