Childcare work workers - 2 positions
St. Louis Adult Learning and Continuing Education centre
1 – Permanent Childcare Worker – Starting Monday November 8, 2021
1 – Temporary Childcare Worker – October 18, 2021 – November 29, 2021
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board with a total student population of 23,000, provides services to students in 50 schools (Kindergarten to Grade 12) across the Waterloo Region.
The Board conducts intentional recruitment and selection as it seeks to achieve a state of greater equity for employees and students and to diversify its workforce.
All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply and applicants may choose to indicate if they are from a group who has experienced racial or social discrimination. Self-identification data will be used as a consideration in this posting. Aggregate data will be stored anonymously to support improvements to the Board’s hiring processes.
General Description of Duties:
- Ensuring the rules and regulations of the Care for Newcomer Children program are followed
- Delivery of a child centered program and preparing nutritious snacks
- Attend professional development workshops as required by the funder
- Communicating regularly with staff and supervisor
- Collaborate with staff to develop and implement age appropriate programming
- Attend and contribute to monthly staff meetings
- Contribute to written reports and documentation
- Complete other related duties as assigned by Program Manager
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Current certificate in Standard CPR/First Aid
- Knowledge of current trends in the field of Early Childhood Education
- Committed to providing quality inclusive childcare programming
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods; and must be able to physically assist children as
- Required (e.g. lifting)
- Demonstrate knowledge of classroom management
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) of 5544
- Good Standing with the College of ECE’s
- Knowledge and experience working in a LINC program
- Excellent Communication and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working in all program areas (e.g. infants, toddlers)
- Fluent in a Second language
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, outlook)
- Understanding of “How Does Learning Happen”
- $19.87 (certified) or $14.78 (uncertified) per hour, plus Vacation Pay
Hours of Work:
- 28 hours per week Monday – Friday, September to June.
- Hours of Work: 8:15 am - 3:00 pm
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. Please see the Application Process below.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first and last name and the posting number (provided above) in the subject line.
In the application process, identify your qualifications and abilities, such as relevant experience to perform the duties of this job. Include your resume, covering letter and diplomas/certificates in your application.
Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Detailed information on the application process can be found at: https://www.wcdsb.ca/careers/how-to-apply/
Applications will be accepted until Monday October 4th at 9:00 am
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.