If you are committed to providing a high quality learning experience for children, a team player, and enjoy new challenges, we look forward to hearing from you!
Extended Day Educators
We are looking for afterschool positions Monday to Friday beginning as soon as possible.
- Child and Youth Diploma/Degree, Recreation and Leisure, or RECE preferred but not required.
- Current police record check with vulnerable sector check
- First aid and CPR required
- Health and dental benefit will be available to permanent positions who work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Paid professional memberships ($160 annually)
- Paid Professional Development opportunities
- And more!
Qualified applicants will be responsible for providing a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment; as well as showing sensitivity to the individual developmental needs of the child. They will also be responsible for planning and maintaining the highest quality experience for their children that is age appropriate to enhance children’s development, while ensuring the philosophy of the program is upheld. They will be responsible to build relationships, effectively communicate, engage and encourage their children in a fun environment. They will be ever mindful of our best practice guidelines (including ratio and scheduling) and lead by example.
Main Duties Will Include:
- Planning, developing and implementing programs of stimulating activities which promote the physical, social emotional and intellectual well-being of the children.
- Supervising children within the program both indoors and outdoors.
- Serving the children snacks and lunch.
- Responsible for record keeping (i.e. attendance logs, etc.).
- Maintain a safe and engaging environment.
- On-going communication with parents/guardians.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and agency meetings as required.
- Report to the Extended Day Supervisor.
This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to join an advanced, leading edge Ontario Childcare Centre, working with children & families and making a meaningful contribution to our continued success. If you are a highly motivated, mature and an organized individual who enjoys a challenge and knows how to take initiative, we would like to hear from you.
Creative Beginnings Childcare Centre offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
If you are interested please send your cover letter and resume to
Aimee Weber at email@example.com