SMS is currently seeking Part-Time After-School Staffing. The position is Monday through Friday, from 3:30 to 5:30 at $20.00 per hour. Two weeks off for December holiday, and one week off during March Break.
The responsibilities include:
- Planning and co-ordinating after school care programming in co-operation with other extended care staff
- Keeping daily arrival and departure records of all children in attendance in the programme.
- Preparing appropriate materials to allow all children to actively participate in non-academic activities during after school hours.
- Report to administration all breakage, or damage to materials that may occur during after care hours.
- Secure building at the end of the programme by locking windows and entrance ways.
Candidates should have their Early Child Care Education program diploma and/or certificates in Recreation and Leisure, OCT, or Child & Youth Worker.
As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required and an up-to-date immunization, including TB test and current Standard First Aid and CPR-C.
SMS is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of your accessibility needs, and we will ensure they are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
All applicants must submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your submissions; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.