Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Support programming consistent with the Centre's philosophy.
- Support programming specific to the needs of the individual child while recognizing each child's interests, special talents, character, and pace of learning.
- Recognizes each child in relation to personal, cultural, and socio-economic background.
- Develop relationships with each child and family that promotes dignity and respect.
- Acts as a model from which children can learn.
- Maintains records such as, but not limited to; child development, health, attendance, daily logs, and injury reports.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe learning environment.
- Ensures all children are engaged in learning activities.
- Implements health, safety and emergency procedures.
- Abide by the confidentiality policy
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in training to promote and support professional growth
- Demonstrate flexibility with work hours to ensure the needs of the families are met
- Participate with public relation activities as required
- Must read and sign all mandated policies on an annual basis or as required
- Build intentional relationships with coworkers that are professional and respectful.
- Comply with all Health & Safety policies, and training.
Supply RECE Open from 6:30-6:00, hours and shifts will vary
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Actively registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- First Aid , CPR qualifications current and maintained
- Valid Criminal Reference Search
- Medical certificate of good health, required immunizations, and clear TB test.
Seaforth Co-operative Children’s Centre (SCCC) is a highly regarded non-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors comprised of parents and community representatives. We have been committed to providing quality early learning and child care programs to families in Huron County for more than 25 years.
Job Types: Contract, Casual