Provincial Wage Enhancement Grant)
Position Status: Part-Time and Full-Time Permanent with benefits and complimentary YMCA membership
NOTE: This process will also establish a pool of candidates that may be
used to fill similar vacancies within YMCAHBB Child Care over the next 6
Why work at the Y?
Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for
personal and professional growth and investments in the health and
wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of
total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we
- Paid vacation entitlements that increase with seniority (subject to eligibility)
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Group health and benefits plans (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility)
- Generous pension plans with employer matching
- Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships
- Professional development opportunities including paid training and access to YMCA education scholarships
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs (subject to eligibility)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
YMCA Registered Early Childhood Educators are required to provide
professional, high quality play-based licensed child care programs that
meet the developmental needs of children 0 - 12 years of age. Registered
Early Childhood Educators are responsible for developing and
implementing a program based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum,
while adhering to established YMCA policies and procedures and quality
standards, as well as the regulations of the Child Care and Early Years Act.
Since programs may take place in a shared space, incumbents must have
excellent interpersonal skills in order to maintain and foster strong and
positive relationships with school personnel, parents and other educators
to promote the delivery of high quality child care services within the
- This position requires the ability and flexibility to work a flexible schedule including early mornings and late afternoons. Hours of work may fluctuate to meet the operational needs of the department
- Some program areas may be based out of shared spaces within community schools, therefore, requiring movement/set up of equipment on a daily/weekly/ monthly basis
- Knowledgeable on the pedagogical practices of the YMCA as they
relate to Early Learning and Child Development and understands the
Ministry of Education guidelines and curriculum;
- Understand and comply with all regulatory items as per the Child Care and Early Years Act, YMCA, Ministry of Education, and others;
- Must be familiar with the developmental needs of children ranging from ages 0 to 12 years
- Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up;
- Plan, organize and lead activities for children 0 to 12 years of age to meet the developmental needs of children;
- Ensure the health and safety of the children is maintained at all times;
- Liaise with parents and community contacts;
- Participate in Association wide events i.e. YMCA Strong Kids, and other educational and promotional initiatives
- Required to attend monthly meetings and professional learning
- Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- A member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Previous YMCA experience is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR-C & AED certification (Level C)
- 18 years of age or older
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working Computer knowledge
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid Human Rights exemption.
Commitment to Organization Vision and Values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation
for the Mission, Vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Child & Youth Focused
Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth
Planning and Organization
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and
others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports
information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
Relationship building and collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve
work related goals.
Creativity and Innovation
Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help achieve desired
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts
(AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA.
Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.