Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Plans, implements and supports a consistent child-centred program in accordance to the Montessori philosophy.
- Completes required documentation and observations of children’s development and interactions. Attends required training and all other relevant professional development opportunities necessary for the position. Maintains qualifications and certifications as required.
- Supporting the children as needed throughout the classroom work periods, outdoor times, transitions, lunch, diapering/toileting, arrival and dismissal.
- Having open, professional, positive communication between co-workers and caregivers.
- Ability to implement and follow the Montessori Philosophy.
- Redirect, guide and support children towards independence in a loving professional environment.
- Work together as a collaborative member of the teaching team.
- Be an active, positive participant and attend in school functions, conferences, family events, staff meetings as needed.
- Provide safe and nurturing supervision and daily programming of toddler and preschool children.
- Prepare activities/crafts for both toddler and preschool aged children maintaining, cleaning and exchanging activities as needed in the aftercare and before care programs.
- Guide, model and support a calm positive environment for the children.
- Engage actively with the children to support enriched learning experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Applicants must hold a MACTE/AMI accredited Diploma in Toddler Montessori Education and have several years of experience teaching in a Montessori environment.
- Candidates must be caring, self-motivated, patient, enthusiastic, and organized, and must have the ability to work within our school community.
- Applicants must hold an Early Childhood Education Diploma.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with young children in a childcare and or a Montessori setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate passion with the children.
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and at times weekends or early evenings for afterschool events or meetings etc.
- A capacity to work within a team and participate actively in supporting the school, children, families and coworkers
- Have strong organizational and problem- solving skills
- A current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Professional, reliable, flexible individual that supports a team environment.
I would like to thank each applicant for your interest in Morningside Montessori. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.