45 King St East, Cambridge ON
Start Date: Immediate
Our school is growing!!! We are currently seeking a professional, caring and dedicated Registered Early Childhood Educator to fill a full time position in our NEW Toddler Environment. This individual must be passionate, caring and a collaborative team member. We look forward to hearing from you !
- Understands and complies with provincial, municipal and Morningside Montessori School Policies.
- Plans and implements, supports a consistent child-centred program in accordance to the Montessori philosophy.
- Completes required documentation and observations of children’s development and interactions. Attends required training and all other relevant professional development opportunities necessary for the position. Maintains qualifications and certifications as required by Morningside Montessori School and provincial standards.
- Supporting the children as needed throughout the classroom work periods, outdoor times, transitions, lunch, diapering/toileting, arrival and dismissal.
- Having open, professional, positive communication between co-workers and caregivers.
- General knowledge and respect for the Montessori Philosophy is required along with initiative to learn.
- Cleaning/ Sanitization and up keep of the classroom and other areas as needed.
- Redirect, guide and support children towards independence under the guidance of the Head Directress.
- Work together as a collaborative member of the teaching team.
- Participate and attend in school functions, conferences, family events, staff meetings as needed
- Provide safe and nurturing supervision and daily programming of toddler and preschool children
- Prepare activities/crafts for both toddler and preschool aged children maintaining, cleaning and exchanging activities as needed in the aftercare and before care programs.
- Guide, model and support a calm positive environment for the children.
- Engage actively with the children to support enriched learning experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with young children in a childcare setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons, and at times weekends or early evenings for afterschool events or meetings etc.
- A capacity to work within a team and participate actively in supporting the school, children, families and co workers
- Have strong organizational and problem solving skills
- All staff working with children are required under the Child Care and Early Year’s Act to have a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the first day of work
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Professional, reliable, flexible individual that supports a team environment.