LOCATION: Professional Resource Centre, ECE Building, Conestoga College
HRS/WEEK: 4 +
START DATE: As soon as possible
STATUS: Part-time, possibility to extend with more hours in the summer
The Professional Resource Centre is a membership based resource centre that provides a large variety of services to professionals and students in the Early Learning and Care Community. We require a qualified individual to act as a library clerk, providing information and directing members in the use of the resource library and equipment available at the Professional Resource Centre as well as maintaining office supplies and resources. This position also provides support to members and the general public regarding our services and may guide students placed at the Professional Resource Centre.
- Checking items in and out, following through with missing, damaged or late items, as well as coding, labeling and entering new items to the library system (maintaining inventory)
- Providing customer service to members and the general public face to face, by telephone and through e-mail by providing general information, guidance/advice, and clarification regarding services and workshops
- Providing orientation to new members regarding procedures related to the use of tools, equipment and lending library materials as well as maintaining membership information
- Processing fees and registration for memberships, services and workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills including a positive attitude, tact, discretion and patience
- Good organization, time management, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Must be a student, preference to those in a related field of study (i.e. ECE, Rec, BELPD) and availble for Wednesday evenings from 4 PM - 8 PM weekly
Qualified applications should submit a cover letter and current resume to: Samantha Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 19, 2017.