Peekaboo Child Care Centres Cambridge
Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
Hourly Range: To be determined
Peekaboo Child Care Centre, is currently seeking a Registered Early Childhood Educator for a full time position.
Required Background: Diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognized community college; Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators; Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act regulations; Current Standard First Aid with CPR (C); Current negative Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen (within six months); Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism by providing strong customer service, ability to listen and respond appropriately to children and co-workers.
Preferred Background: Experience in a child care setting; Knowledge of How Does Learning Happen and Early Learning for Every Child Today; Working with children with differing abilities and their families; Knowledge and application of the Environment Rating Scales; Knowledge of Quality First program; Computer literacy.
A combination of skills and experience will be considered.
Peekaboo values high quality staff looking to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Professionalism and the ability to deliver high quality standards to our families are of utmost importance to us. We operate highly ethical centres and that focus on going the extra mile, listening to our customers, creatively meeting needs, and always being respectful to those we serve. We look for qualified and strategic team players that can be are caring, deliver excellence, hold integrity, are inclusive and flexibility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to confidently manage stressful situations in a professional manner
- Available to work flexible hours between 7:00am and 6:00pm as required
- Available to work evenings and weekends to attend meetings, social centre events and professional development opportunities.
- Flexibility is required to cover at any point of the day to ensure Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA) ratios are covered
As a Registered Early Childhood Educator, you would be responsible for promoting Peekaboo’s vision, philosophy, policies, and procedures. You would also be responsible for providing a stimulating environment for the children. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures all actions and activities meet Child Care Early Years Act regulations.
- Implements Health and Safety Standards.
- Supports children through play with a emergent curriculum approach, with support from academic programs
- Observes and documents children development and learning and integrates outcomes of observations into curriculum development
- Integrates concepts of How does learning happen and Early Learning for Every Child Today throughout curriculum development and delivery
- Prepares, maintains, and supervises classroom and playground activities
- Works in partnership with classroom team members and Management to share pertinent information concerning children, their families and classroom operations.
- Develop and maintains positive relationships with families.
- Collaborates with Community Service Providers to support all children including the implementation of programs and activities for children with differing abilities.
- Supervises field trips and community outings as required.
- Actively participates in performance management program
- Participates in ongoing professional growth and development.
- Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Peekaboo Child Care Cambridge
460 Sheldon Drive
Fax : 519-620-0159
Note: Internal candidates will be considered first. These include current full time/part time/supply staff and students. Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to Parkview Children’s Centre including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted
Note: We will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Experience working with children: 1 year