Moppet Preschool is looking for a dedicated individual who can inspire our member families and become part of our community.
Moppet is a half-day, play-based cooperative preschool for children from 1.5 to 5 years olf. For more than 30 years, we have been providing children with a stimulating, fun and gentle introduction to the school environment. For details about our programs, please visit www.MoppetPreschool.com. Our bright, renovated classroom is located in Suddaby Public School in central Kitchener.
The RECE Teacher will work in our Morning Preschool and SPARK classes along side the Supervisor/RECE Teacher. Responsibilities include:
- Assist senior staff in planning, preparing and carrying out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conduct activities with children on an individual and group basis.
- Teach in a variety of techniques, including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing.
- Support and guide duty people (e.g. parents, grandparents, care-givers) in the classroom.
- Work diplomatically and communicate effectively with a variety of people, including senior staff, children, parents, the executive board and various agency representatives.
- A diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Demonstrated practical understanding of implementing an emergent curriculum, and supporting the developmental needs of preschool-aged children.
- Experience working in a co-operative or non-profit preschool environment an asset
- A Vulnerable Sector Check, valid First Aid/CPR certificate and all necessary up-to-date immunizations
- Working knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Child and Family Services Act.
Our program runs for 40 weeks between September 14, 2015 and June 23, 2016. The RECE Teacher works approximately 20 hours per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We offer competitive wages along with paid professional development time and activities.
Please send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27th, 2015.