Jan to Aug 2018
About the Centre
At Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre, our children inspire us, and each other, with their natural sense of curiosity, capacity for creative play and their unique and individual ways of constructing knowledge. Through child-initiated and adult-supported experiences, our children are active stewards of their own learning and are recognized as capable, competent and curious. Together, educators and students co-create a dynamic and engaging learning environment that both find inspiring and positive. Our learning environments are inspired by the four foundations of learning: well-being, belonging, expression and engagement.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday. Variable hours, 28 hours per week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) implements programming in accordance with the policies and philosophies of the school.
- Reviews and abides by all policies and procedures as set out in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adapts to children’s emotional, social, cognitive and physical development and demonstrates the importance of building upon the four foundations of learning.
- Aware of research supporting the importance of Outdoor and Forrest and Nature School curriculum.
- Respects individual differences. Understands the concepts of multiculturalism, diversity and anti-bias approach to Early Childhood Education.
- Collaborates with colleagues and Administration in assessing the developmental progress of children in the program.
- Maintains a high skill level in behaviour management techniques
- Follows fire drill procedures, all sanitary practices and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Attends and contributes to the monthly staff meetings.
- Responsible for the monitoring student placements. Offers support and varying levels of training/coaching/mentoring.
- Participates in professional development.
- Responsible for opening and closing the centre on a 2 or 3 week rotation basis and on occasion will be required for after work duties, i.e. parent nights, concerts, picnic with parents, etc.
- Performs housekeeping duties, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Experience in a child care setting
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Current standard first aid/CPR certification
- Demonstrates understanding of the CCEYA and the pedagogy of “How does learning happen?”
- Demonstrates ability to quickly form positive relationships with children
- Experienced in creating a welcoming, enriched and safe learning environment
- Able to openly and respectfully communicate with parents/families and team members on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional development
- Adapts quickly to a changing environment
How to apply
Please forward your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected to move forward through the hiring process will be contacted.
Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre is committed to creating a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment, free from violence and harassment.
Emmanuel at Brighton Child Care Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, the Centre will endeavour to remove any barriers to the hiring process in order to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.