Stanley Park Rosemount Preschool
171 Sherwood Ave. Kitchener ON N2B 1K2 519-742-1801
Stanley Park Rosemount Preschool (SPRP) is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual as a preschool assistant for our 2019/2020 program. This is a part-time contract position that runs September to May (Tuesday to Friday mornings).
SPRP believes in providing a fun, safe and educational program that facilitates the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of our children. It is a co-operative based school run by a parent Board of Directors. Our program runs four days a week with separate morning and afternoon programs. It is a licensed program with the Ministry of Education, Child Care Quality Assurance and Licensing Branch.
Responsibilities for the part-time preschool position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing supervision and guidance of children’s behaviour during daily activities and field trips
- Assisting in arranging indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety
- Working closely and harmoniously with Preschool Supervisor-Teacher, volunteers and the Parent-led Board of Directors
- Following the guidelines set by the Ministry and Region of Waterloo
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) is considered an asset
- Experience working with children and exceptional references
- Warmth and sincerity when working with children
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent behaviour management skills that include leadership, problem solving, positive reinforcement and redirection strategies
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screen (within six months), valid First Aid/CPR certificate and current health assessment (including vaccine history and TB test) by the official start date in September
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Position Start Date: Immediate
We thank all applicants, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Check us out on the web: www.sprp.ca