Part-time Early Childhood Educator
Dept. / Campus:
Child Development Centre/Off Campus - Silverheights – Cambridge.
February 11, 2021
February 21, 2021
Support Staff Regular Part-time Position
(Part-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
The successful candidate will be employed on a regular part-time basis and may be scheduled to work at the following Child Development Centre: Silverheights – Cambridge. Hours of work may be between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.; up to 24 hours per week; split shifts.
- Plans and adapts the program/environment to meet the needs of individual children, and implements quality programming for children ages 0-12 years old
- Ensures that the basic needs of children are met, including health and safety
- Provides ongoing supervision of all play areas and all activities/routines that occur
- Communicates respectfully with parents and ensures that messages are passed on to both parents, and other staff
- Ensures that any unusual situations are shared with Supervisor
- Attends staff meetings, contributes to team discussions, and participates in professional development that is made available
- Other related duties as assigned
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training required
- Clear criminal reference check and up to date immunization records required
- Applicants are required to apply directly through Conestoga at: